Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cake Shaped As Ferris Wheel

What the hell has to do with the Castillo de Olite

one hand Coinciding with the bustle of the law Sinde and escape from the Church and the other, with a curret such thinking that led me to put away a lot of documentation on the case [*], I was mulling over these days Theme East Los Commons (for example, place tough position in this limbo between public and private, which is why they are talking about subjects as diverse as Vandana Shiva or Silicon sprinter Valley) where, for I do not know what chances I was visiting the noble village of Olite , once capital of the Kingdom of Navarre and location of a famous fifteenth-century castle that appears in all guides.



And despite being very post-post-this and the other thing, actually I am a common humanist born in the twentieth century (a disgusting ruinófila, I've said on other times), I toured the castle in total ecstasy, Climbing up all the turrets, imagining medieval tournaments and epidemics, admiring the arches, summoning the dead because it was closed the House of Gypsum (also called Mudejar room because it retains the original decorative plaster panels with 10 made by teachers Moors) and thinking, you see, this is also the Commons, not just internet and Amazon, and how well the entry is cheap and is so well restored and there is no shop at the outlet to sell a notebook as almenitas die. With these thoughts as beautiful on the management of national heritage, and how to finish the tour I was wanting more, I went to the adjacent building, where according to the pamphlet was the old castle, and is now a National Parador , and held to the lord of the reception a conversation something like this.

- Hi good afternoon, can I visit classrooms?
- If you are not staying, no, Miss
- Ah well, such as heritage, I thought ...
- This is not wealth, is a normal hotel.
- Normal, normal, do not believe. For as is the heritage ...
I'm not so stupid as not to know how a country inn, but I believe that if you show enough interest harmless and logical thing would turn a blind eye and let you walk around the dining rooms.
- I know where I want to take you, ma'am, but I repeat that this is not wealth, is a hotel like everyone else.
- National House But not a company and all.
- Yes it is.
- I think not.
- A company like everyone but public participation.
- So it's not like all.
- Listen lady, I'm not official.
- But I'm not saying that you are official, only that it is heritage.
- not equity.
attempt to show that you understand the meaning of the words "company with public participation" and I know what they are for such things, but not yield. Counter-attacked.
- If it were not property, the company could paint the front of the green if he pleased, what can not?
- No ma'am, but you can not greenwashing the front of his house, even if not heritage.
- Yeah, but municipal utilities that are regulations that apply to all buildings, it has much stricter rules. You can not even fix a pipeline without the approval of the Ministry of Culture, right?
- Of course not, is that buildings like this are very protected.
- Why are equity.
- Even though it I know where I want to take you but I will not go there.
And goes and says
- then people come and take things. Freaks
neighbor.
- Hey, I just want to visit classrooms, I will not be convinced that is the heritage and then take a carpet.
- Oh, if people leave it up to the furniture.

I was not seen inside the old castle, because they face such a barrier beloved, to see who dares. And I avenged him secretly imagining a drunken horde of villagers storming the hostel copyleft shouting "Viva The Comuneeees! "And taking in a twinkling the chairs and carpets and escaping hidden inside the armor. But in reality I was a little sad. Because what the hell is this society that gives us so much distrust the property? Or the non-property at all? Do we fail to respect something if no owner? Yes you have bad common future. And the internet, and the Amazon and in order.

[*] The contradiction between "curret" and "put away a lot of documentation" is only apparent. If you intend to be as mercenary as resolve the issue in four and a half pages of platitudes but as I'm such a bad bitch (in the literal sense, that as a whore because I would starve, as they say, if you run, you have to hide) and I'm so romantic and so rookie, he said, not only joy like a bitch, but I'm getting ready to fall in love the subject and always escapes me over and drift. I could say that in this case I have an excuse because I am interested in the job and is truly a people who appreciate it, but it would be false. If the devil I asked for a report on the contribution rate of the boilers, I'd do the same passion sick because I'm suffering from a disease that is not workoholismo is worse: it is manic devotion to any object of study that put me ahead. The good nun would have been if I come to birth in the fifteenth century, what a shame.

in Castilian The report of the International Conference on the Commons in Berlin, here .

0 comments:

Post a Comment